5 Steps for a Successful Job Search
- Resume–A resume is an important method to convey your education, skills, achievements, and experience with the goal of obtaining an interview.
- LinkedIn–A LinkedIn profile provides you with the opportunity to connect with individuals and groups in your field located across the globe.
- Informational Interview–An informational interview is a brief conversation/dialogue with someone who is in a career that you are interested in exploring.
- Online Search–An online search is beneficial to review job descriptions for positions in which you are interested in order to determine the qualifications, skills, and abilities necessary for the position.
- Salary Negotiation–A salary negotiation is your biggest opportunity to negotiate what you are worth. Remember: salary and benefits are the highest expense for an organization. Your future employer’s goal is to bring employees in at the lowest level they will accept.
Cite: BSCorbett Consulting, LLC. (2020). 5 Steps for a Successful Job Search. Retrieved from http://https://bscorbettconsulting.com/portfolio/job-search